External writing assignments / going abroad

The preparation and application of an external writing assignment or a writing assignment abroad is similar to a writing assignment within the UU/UMCU. You require an examiner from the UU/UMCU and the approval from the Board of Examiners. Your examiner and supervisor host institute both need to sign the General Application Form2.33 MB* and the Internship contract which you will find integrated in the above form (open with Adobe Reader).

Questions regarding the Internship contract can be directed to:
- science.internshipcontracts@uu.nl for students of the Faculty of Science.
- researchprojectcoordinator@umcutrecht.nl for students of the Faculty of Medicine.

During your writing assignment, stay in touch with your Utrecht examiner. For more information on examination and procedures, please visit this page.

*Note: students from the master's programme CSDB, BINN and SBM participate in a pilot of which the entire procedure is digitized. More information can be found here.

If you would like to do a writing assignment abroad, we strongly advise you to start nine to eleven months advance, since there are many things that have to be arranged before you leave. More information about the registration in Osiris, costs, funding, scholarships and pre-departure information can be found here.

There is also a GSLS Checklist Going Abroad for an overview of all aspects you should think of while organizing your research project abroad, you can consult the international officers or visit the website of the International Office of the faculty of Medicine or the website of the International Office of the Science faculty for more information.