Life Sciences Representatives (LSR) is a student initiative to represent the interests and rights of all Master's students of the Graduate School of Life Sciences at Utrecht University. You can directly contact us via email@example.com.
The LSR consists of at least one Masters student of every programme within the School. All student members of the Educational Committee (EC) and Board of Studies (BoS) are members of the LSR. In addition, at least one representative of the LS-associated student associations will take place in the LSR.
- represent the interests of all Master's students of the GSLS at the educational level;
- feedback between the student members of the EC and BoS and the rest of the students;
- identify problems Master students experience within the course of their studies and try to resolve them, either by:
- reporting and discussing the problems or complaints in the EC, BoS or programme coordinator meetings;
- taking direct action or passing on the problem to those who are fit to handle it.
- fill the vacant student positions in the EC and BoS at the start of each new academic year;
- increase the coherence between the different programmes within the GSLS;
- promotion of the LSR and it’s functions to the new Masters students every year;
- handle the applications of putative new LSR members at the beginning of every academic year;
- Responsible for the Buddy Programme for new GSLS international students (and students not from the UU).
To learn more about the LSR, listen to episode 7 of the Radio Life Sciences podcast in which the (former) LSR chair, Jitte Jennekens, tells you more.
LSR 2021/2022 members
- Anna Wiersema (voorzitter) - Neuroscience and Cognition
- Dounia Sarhane - Drug Innovation
- Willemijn Bout - Cancer, Stem Cells and Developmental Biology
- Theano Tsikari - Regenerative Medicine and Technology
- Rutger Remmers - Bio Inspired Innovation
- Meghanadh M - Epidemiology
- Teuntje Poortvliet - Infection and Immunity
- Denise van der Heijden - Biology of Disease
- Milou van Buren - Biology of Disease
- Gwynedd Kagenaar (Vice-voorzitter) - Molecular and Cellular Life Sciences
- Nanette Becht - Drug Innovation
- Olufotebi Ife - One Health
- Steven Marinus - Science and Business Management
- Miriam Schutte - Infection and Immunity
- Bastiaan Vroege - Drug Innovation
- Cheyenne Gumbs - Epidemiology
- Myrthe Versteijnen - Bioinformatics and Bio Complexity
- Laura Schwarz - CSDB