** Currently, there is a vacancy for a teacher member (examiner). More information is available at the bottom of this page **
The Assessment Support Panel (ASP) is part of the Board of Examiners and responsible for the quality of assessment. The ASP monitors the quality of:
- assessment procedures;
- written course exams, either by random sampling or upon request;
- scoring of complex tasks, including scoring of presentations of scientific data, of theses and of research projects (by random sampling).
The ASP collects and assesses information on:
- Cum Laude graduates of the School per programme;
- percentages of passes per course;
- grades for thesis and research projects (average and a frequency table); if possible per department.
The ASP advises on:
- implementing optimal procedures to ensure valid and reliable assessment of learning outcomes;
- professional development of examiners/staff with respect to assessment, based on the survey of assessment quality within GSLS programmes.
The ASP functions as a think tank: the members of the assessment panel possess or acquire knowledge of assessment theory and of the applicability of the multiple forms of assessment for the various educational goals set by the GSLS programmes.
Members of the Assessment Support Panel:
dr. ir. I.E.T. (Inge) van den Berg (chair)
Department of Genetics
drs. A. (Annemarie) Heersche
dr. E. (Esther) de Graaff
dr. M.W.H.C (Marianne) Bol-Schoenmakers
Institute for Risk Assessment
dr. ir. K.L. (Koen) Vincken
Image Sciences Institute
dr. Kirsten Koymans (advisor, secretary)
More information and contact
For questions or advise regarding assessment, please contact the Assessment Support Panel.
dr. ir. Inge van den Berg
drs. Annemarie Heersche
dr. Esther de Graaff
dr. Marianne Bol - Schoenamakers
dr. ir. Koen Vincken
dr. Kirsten Koymans
Vacancy information: please click here: Vacancy examiner ASP 2020.pdf208.62 KB