The Life Sciences Seminars are organised monthly by the Master's programmes. The seminars are given by well-known, international scientists who present their research on topics covering the full range of biomedical and life sciences.
Each Master’s student has to attend at least 10 seminars organised by the School, or at other institutes after approval by the programme coordinator. Together with Introducing Life Sciences this mandatory part of the curriculum is 1.5 credits in total. The student is required to individually write a brief report (maximum 1 A4) of each seminar attended, and submit these reports to the programme coordinator.
All Life Sciences Seminars start at 16:00 h, unless stated otherwise.
- 16Jun2016Environmental BiologyLocationBlue and green lecture hall UMCSpeakerProf Sybren de Hoog
- 15Sep2016Molecular and Cellular Life SciencesLocationGreen and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerProf Friedrich Förster
- 27Oct2016Drug Innovation
Note: Last Thursday of month.LocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerProf Carlito Lebrilla
- 17Nov2016Infection and ImmunityLocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerProf Cliona O'Farrelly
- 13Dec2016Bio Inspired Innovation
NOTE: This LS Seminar is on Tuesday December 13th.LocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerEm Prof Bart Nooteboom
- 20Jan2017Toxicology and Environmental Health
Please note: This seminar is on Friday January 20th.LocationBlue Hall & Tuinzaal, UMCUSpeakerProf Roos Masereeuw
- 16Feb2017BiofabricationLocationBlue Lecture Hall & Tuinzaal, UMCUSpeakerProf Alvaro Mata
- 16Mar2017Neuroscience and CognitionLocationGreen and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerProf Doug Munoz
- 20Apr2017EpidemiologyLocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerProf Daniel Witte
- 18May2017Science and Business ManagementLocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerTim Knotnerus, MSc
- 15Jun2017Environmental BiologyLocationBlue and Green Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerLiesbeth Bakker, PhD