The Life Sciences Seminars are organised monthly by the Master's programmes. The seminars are given by well-known, international scientists who present their research on topics covering the full range of biomedical and life sciences.
Together with Introducing Life Sciences this mandatory part of the curriculum is 1.5 credits in total.
Each Master’s student has to attend at least 10 seminars. At least 8 LS seminars organized by the Graduate School of Life Sciences have to be followed; two seminars can be followed elsewhere, subject to the approval of the programme coordinator.
The student is required to write a brief report individually (maximum 1 A4) of each seminar attended, and submit these reports to the programme coordinator. To pass the course*, the student hands in 10 summaries, at least 8 summaries of GSLS LS seminars, and a summary of the one or two seminars that were followed elsewhere, with the approval of the programme coordinator. Please note that you need to ask for this approval in advance.
*Master's programmes Regenerative Medicine and Technology, Medical Imaging and Science and Business management are an exception. Please look in the Education and Examination Regulations for more details
All Life Sciences Seminars start at 16:00 h, unless stated otherwise.
- 21Sep2017Biology of DiseaseLocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerProf. Frits Prinzen
- 26Oct2017Regenerative Medicine and Technology
[Please note the changed date]LocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerDr. Bart Spee
- 14Nov2017Infection and Immunity
[ The seminar is on a Tuesday, and in THEATRON, Educatorium ]LocationEducatorium THEATRONSpeakerDr. Mark Shepherd, University of Kent
- 21Dec2017Molecular and Cellular Life SciencesLocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerDr. Andrew Carter
- 18Jan2018Neuroscience and CognitionLocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerDr. Ysbrand van der Werf
- 15Feb2018Bio Inspired InnovationLocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerProf. Han Wösten
- 15Mar2018Environmental BiologyLocationGreen and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerDr. Anne Marijke Schel
- 19Apr2018Toxicology and Environmental HealthLocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakertba
- 17May2018EpidemiologyLocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakertba
- 14Jun2018Cancer, Stem Cells and Developmental BiologyLocationBlue and Green Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakertba