The Life Sciences Seminars are organised monthly by the Master's programmes. The seminars are given by well-known, international scientists who present their research on topics covering the full range of biomedical and life sciences.
Each Master’s student has to attend at least 10 seminars organised by the School, or at other institutes after approval by the programme coordinator. Together with Introducing Life Sciences this mandatory part of the curriculum is 1.5 credits in total. The student is required to individually write a brief report (maximum 1 A4) of each seminar attended, and submit these reports to the programme coordinator.
All Life Sciences Seminars start at 16:00 h, unless stated otherwise.
- 21Sep2017Biology of DiseaseLocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerProf. Frits Prinzen
- 26Oct2017Regenerative Medicine and Technology
[Please note the changed date]LocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerDr. Bart Spee
- 14Nov2017Infection and ImmunityLocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerDr. Mark Shepherd, University of Kent
- 21Dec2017Molecular and Cellular Life SciencesLocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakertba
- 18Jan2018Neuroscience and CognitionLocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakerProf. dr. Menno Witter
- 15Feb2018LocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakertba
- 15Mar2018Environmental BiologyLocationGreen and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakertba
- 19Apr2018Toxicology and Environmental HealthLocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakertba
- 17May2018EpidemiologyLocationGreen and Blue Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakertba
- 21Jun2018Cancer, Stem Cells and Developmental BiologyLocationBlue and Pink Lecture Hall, UMCUSpeakertba