Life Sciences Representatives (LSR) is a student initiative to represent the interests and rights of all Master's students of the Graduate School of Life Sciences at Utrecht University. You can directly contact us via email@example.com.
The LSR consists of at least one Masters student of every programme within the School, and preferably one from each track of the Masters in Neuroscience & Cognition. All student members of the Educational Committee (EC) and Board of Studies (BoS) are members of the LSR. In addition, at least one representative of the LS-associated student associations will take place in the LSR.
- represent the interests of all Master's students of the GSLS at the educational level;
- feedback between the student members of the EC and BoS and the rest of the students;
- identify problems Master students experience within the course of their studies and try to resolve them, either by:
- reporting and discussing the problems or complaints in the EC, BoS or programme coordinator meetings;
- taking direct action or passing on the problem to those who are fit to handle it.
- fill the vacant student positions in the EC and BoS at the start of each new academic year;
- increase the coherence between the different programmes within the GSLS;
- promotion of the LSR and it’s functions to the new Masters students every year;
- handle the applications of putative new LSR members at the beginning of every academic year;
- Responsible for the Buddy Programme for new GSLS international students (and students not from the UU).
- Marc de Liedekerke Beaufort – SBM – Chair 2016-2017
- Ap Citak – SBM
- Leander Golbach – MCLS
- Pieter Langerhorst – MCLS
- Daan van Kooten – EPIM
- Marlin Broeks – EPIM
- Anne Eck – CSCB
- Lisette Penners – CSCB
- Karlijn van Boxtel – IMIF – vice-chair 2016-2017
- Rozemarijn van Laar – IMIF
- Martin van Oosterhout – ENVB
- Timo Ordeman – ENVB
- Jeanneke Spruit – NSCN
- Anete Salmane – BIIN
- Bram Meijlink – RMTM
- Joni Remmits – Studentenassessor, Faculty of Medicine
- Marit de Kort – vice-praeses Mebiose