The Assessment Panel (AP) is part of the Board of Examiners and responsible for the quality of assessment. The AP monitors the quality of:
- assessment procedures;
- written course exams, either by random sampling or upon request;
- scoring of complex tasks, including scoring of presentations of scientific data, of theses and of research projects (by random sampling).
The AP collects and assesses information on:
- Cum Laude graduates of the School per programme;
- percentages of passes per course;
- grades for thesis and research projects (average and a frequency table); if possible per department.
The AP advises on:
- implementing optimal procedures to ensure valid and reliable assessment of learning outcomes;
- professional development of examiners/staff with respect to assessment, based on the survey of assessment quality within GSLS programmes.
The AP functions as a think tank: the members of the assessment panel possess or acquire knowledge of assessment theory and of the applicability of the multiple forms of assessment for the various educational goals set by the GSLS programmes.
Members of the Assessment Panel:
|dr. ir. I.E.T. (Inge) van den Berg (chair)||Metabolic Diseases|
|dr. C.W.B. (Chantal) Boonacker||Epidemiology|
|drs. A. (Annemarie) Heersche||Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|dr. A.I.P.M. (Toon) de Kroon||Biomolecular Sciences|
|dr. J.A. (Jan Andries) Post||Cell Biology|
|dr. G. (Gönül) Dilaver (advisor)|
|dr. K. (Karin) Scager (advisor)||Educational Development and Training|
More information and contact
For questions or advise regarding assessment, please contact the Assessment Panel.
From left to right: Karin Scager, Jan Andries Post, Inge van den Berg, Annemarie Heersche, Kim van den Heuvel (former member AP), Toon de Kroon, Chantal Boonacker, Ellen Visser (former member AP).