The Educational Committee (EC) is composed of 14 members (7 teaching staff and 7 MSc student) who represent the research Master’s programmes of Graduate School of Life Sciences. The main task of the EC consists of assessing and ensuring the quality of education of the Master’s programmes within the School. This is done by evaluating Master’s courses, writing assignments, and research projects using students’ evaluations and teachers’ feedback. The main aspects that are evaluated are the scientific level of the courses, study efficiency and student satisfaction. In addition, the EC looks at the overall quality of all the master’s programs using student opinions, exit evaluations, and a yearly meeting with each master coordinator. The other tasks of the EC include yearly reviewing the Education and Examination Regulations (EER), discussing education related developments, and making general recommendation to the Board of Studies in order to improve the teaching within the GSLS.
Contact the Educational Committee Life Sciences
If you have any questions, complaints or suggestions concerning education in the Graduate School of Life Sciences, you can contact the Educational Committee via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Educational Committee Life Sciences consists of the following members:
- Dr. Inge The (chair, Faculty of Science)
- Marianne Boes, PhD (Faculty of Medicine - Biomedical Sciences)
- Paul Henricks, PhD (Faculty of Sciences)
- Eric Huizinga, PhD (Faculty of Science)
- Gerrit Koop, PhD (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine)
- Joep de Ligt, PhD (Faculty of Medicine - Biomedical Sciences)
- Prof. Johan Bolhuis, PhD (Faculty of Medicine - Neuroscience and Cognition)
MSc student members
- Aleksandra Kordek (Biomedical Sciences - CSDB)
- Eefje Vercoulen (Biomedical Sciences - TXEH)
- Tom van der Most (Biomedical Sciences - IMIF)
- Floor van den Dolder (Biomedical Sciences - BIDM)
- Susanna Plugge/Geerte Koster (Biomedical Sciences - student's association 'Mebiose')
- Mindy Asamoah (Science and Business Management - SBM)
- Bram Meijlink (Biomedical Sciences - RMT)
- Gönül Dilaver, PhD (Biomedical Sciences)
- Shirrinka Goubitz, PhD (Faculty of Science)
- Evelinge Keg
- Marjan Batist-de Vos (minutes)
From left to right
Standing: Inge The, Joep de Ligt, Marjan Batist-de Vos, Susanna Plugge, Eric Huizinga, Kirsten Boersma-van Nierop, Marc de Liedekerke Beaufort, Bram Meijlink, Eefje Verhoulen, Aleksandra Kordek.
Sitting: Marianne Boes, Tom van der Most, Paul Henricks, Shirrinka Goubitz.
Not in picture: Johan Bolhuis, Gönül Dilaver, Floor van den Dolder, Gerrit Koop, Mindy Asamoah, Eveline Keg.